Monday, November 10, 2008

A Model to Eliminate Health Disparities

Hey guys,
Since I am working on the presentation this coming Thursday, I may as well post these two essays from PLoS Medicine as my share for the blog. Up to this point we have (I hope) acknowledged the fact that there are health inequity and/or disparities in our society. In fact those data, movie clips, and statistic presented by Dr. Daley, Dr. Broyles, and Dr. Sidelinger really opened my eyes as I have learn a lot from this class. However as a thought process, when we think about what goes wrong, we should also think how to fix it and prevent future problems. That is what addressed in these two essays which, I think, is really helpful to read. A solution for health inequity is not simple, but what can we do beside hoping for a better & fairer health policy system?
The first essay (2006) is the suggestion from a former Assistant Secretary for Health of the United State.
http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pmed.0030405
The second one, which is newer (2008), talks about the possibly of a reformation for our health care system.
http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371%2Fjournal.pmed.0050208&ct=1
Chuong

No comments:

Post a Comment