Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Court Blocks White House Push on Medicare Expenses

Hi everyone, 

I thought you might be interested to see this article that popped up on my homepage yesterday regarding another reason most of us are happy to see the Bush Administration leave =). I feel that it is important to be knowledgeable about healthcare policies (such as Medicare), especially in the line of work most of us want to be involved in. I was thankful to see that in this particular case the federal court opposed the administrations effort to have Medicare only pay for the least expensive treatments for particular conditions. As the last paragraph states, this would limit low-income and minority patient's access to more expensive treatments that may be more necessary for proper care. I am interested in learning more about current healthcare policy (because I feel my knowledge is limited) so please post any other articles or relevant findings. 

Hope studying is going well for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment